Photo by Dmytro Zinkevych / Shutterstock.com
The pandemic has enabled millions of people to work from home. However, other companies offer a different type of work flexibility, so you can set your own work schedule.
FlexJobs – a website with listings for remote and other flexible jobs – has recently analyzed the 52,000 companies in its database and named the 30 best companies that offer jobs with a flexible schedule.
FlexJobs defines such positions as positions that allow employees to vary their hours and for the most part to control their hours.
The top 10 on the list are:
- Cozymeal – an online marketplace for cooking classes and catering services
- CRGT – an information technology company
- Profit Factory – a provider of educational and advisory services for entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs
- Afirm – a provider of inspections and surveys for commercial insurance
- Zynga – developer of social games for web and mobile platforms
- Bind Benefits – a health technology and services company
- Steampunk – a provider of cloud, cybersecurity and other technologies for the federal government
- Bayada – a provider of home health services
- Peloton – a provider of home fitness courses
- Robert Half International – a professional consulting and HR company
Overall, more companies know how important it is to offer employees flexible work arrangements. FlexJobs cites LinkedIn data, which shows that job advertisements with the words “job flexibility” increased by 78% between 2016 and 2018.
According to Sara Sutton, founder and CEO of FlexJobs, the pandemic has made flexible working hours more attractive than ever:
"With many schools considering e-learning due to the pandemic this fall, flexible work schedules could help working parents and other caregivers balance their professional and personal responsibilities in this unprecedented time."
Find the right flexible job
FlexJobs offers one of the best resources to find legitimate part-time, remote, flexible or freelance work.
The subscription-based job exchange focuses on job advertisements for this type of position. And don't worry about getting scammed – FlexJobs also checks positions to make sure no scams are posted on the website.
As we reported, FlexJobs also offers many other benefits:
- “The opportunity to apply for jobs directly on the FlexJobs website
- Regular emails with job offers that match your preferences
- Access to webinars to learn skills including resume enhancement and LinkedIn networking
- Access to skill tests that set you apart from other applicants
- The option to call FlexJobs and speak to someone – for example, to get help setting up your profile or setting up personalized search parameters. "
Even if you don't sign up for a subscription, FlexJobs offers a free blog and email newsletter. For more information on FlexJobs, see "This job exchange specializes in remote work and flexible gigs."
You can find cheaper car insurance in just a few minutes
It doesn't have to be difficult to get a better deal on car insurance. With The Zebra, an insurance comparison website, you can compare offers and find the best prices in just a few minutes. Consumers save an average of $ 368 a year, according to the website. So when you're ready to secure your new tariff, you're ready to go.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, sometimes we get compensation if you click on links in our stories.