- What are lead generation ads?
- Lead Gen Insight & Strategies
- Tips / tricks and tools for lead gen ads
On this special Marketing O'Talk podcast, which is part of the Search Engine Journal Network, host Greg Finn was joined by an all-star cast to discuss lead gene forms, their role within a marketing strategy, tips and tricks and much more to discuss!
You can also watch the video version of this podcast on the search engine journal's YouTube channel.
What are lead generation ads?
Lead generation forms (also known as lead gen ads) are a great way to get relevant information about users who are interested in your product or service. Lead generation ads bring these forms to users in a convenient and easy-to-fill manner.
“Lead-gen ads are kind of a step between advertising platforms and your website. This is one of those things we can use to generate leads, hence the name, rather than sending someone entirely to your website. "Michelle explains," When someone clicks on a Lead Gen ad in the LinkedIn or Facebook news feed, a form opens right in the feed. This cuts out your website as an intermediary and makes the user experience a little more cohesive for the user. "
Read on below
Joe then extends the way lead generation forms work. "It gives (the user) a little taste (of what they'll find on your website) … You clicked the Call-to-Action extension to open the lead form and there is some information on it the advertiser's side to make it appealing for the user to want to fill in the information. "
Mark shares some insight into the type of businesses these ads are best suited for. "Lead-Gen Ads are best for any business that uses a traditional B2B cycle and anyone who wants to fill out a lead form and track sales. Anywhere you use a form in marketing , you can replace it with a lead gen ad. "
Read on below
Lead Gen Insight & Strategies
The team then discusses their insights and strategies related to lead gen ads.
- How lead gen ads add less friction to lead gathering and why it's so valuable.
- What you should know about the leads generated.
- When to use a lead gen form over a standard ad that sends a user to a landing page that has a form on it.
- Why you would choose to use a lead gen ad
- How lead generation ads work on different platforms.
- The importance of communicating with your sales team.
Tips / tricks and tools for lead gen ads
The team then goes into some of their personal tips, tricks, and tools to create successful lead gen ads.
- Use custom questions to provide more information to your sales team and give the user more time to stop and think about the form they are filling out.
- Keep nurturing leads after you've generated them, whether it's a gentle touch or the sales team contacts them right away.
- Test several derivative shape variations to get the best performance.
- Pay attention to the experience after completing it. How are you going to get in touch with your users now?
- Make sure that lead forms are properly integrated with your CRM platform.
Read on below
Listen to the full episode for more tips and tricks on how to best create and run lead generation ads!
Marketing O'Clock publishes new podcasts with digital marketing news every Friday morning and in-depth discussions about Marketing O'Talk every month.
Visit the Marketing O'Clock website to sign up!
Selected image source: Samantha Hanson