ED is an alien acronym for male erectile dysfunction, which refers to the inability of the penis to achieve and maintain an erection so that it cannot complete sex life (commonly known as "impotence"). There are many contemporary treatments for ED erectile dysfunction drugs, but the most popular are simple oral drugs. There are several types of oral medications that are widely used and quite fashionable for treating ED:
1. Yohimbine: This is an alpha adrenergic receptor blocker. It turns out that the penis becomes congested and erect. It depends on the relaxation of the cavernous muscles in the penis so that a large amount of blood can enter, making the penis very firm. However, there is a substance called α-adrenaline that contracts the smooth muscles of the penile corpus cavernosum and promotes the softening of the penis, which is not good for penile erection and helps increase testosterone. If there are drugs that can prevent this adrenaline activity, can it be used to treat ED? Alpha-adrenergic blockers belong to this class of drugs. In human penile tissue, the affected α-adrenergic receptor can be divided into α1 and α2 receptors, with α1 accounting for 90% and α2 for 10%. Yohimbine's main function is to block the α2 receptor it contains, and it is expected to promote penile erection. However, due to the low level of α2 receptors, the effect of yohimbine in promoting penile erection is not very satisfactory. The overall erection improvement rate for ED caused by psychological factors is 46%, and only half of them can have sexual intercourse. for disease factors The effects of ED are even worse. The oral dose is 5.4 mg three times a day and it takes more than 3 weeks for the effects to take effect without any side effects.
2. Phentolamine: This is also an adrenergic receptor blocker. Similar to yohimbine mentioned above, it can also prevent adrenaline activity in the penis, and it prevents 90% of α1-type adrenergic receptors, so the treatment efficiency exceeds that of yohimbine which can reach 50% to 60%. The usual dose of oral tablets is 40 mg once before each sex life of magnesium testosterone, and some people use 80 mg once. After taking the drug, side effects such as mild headache, dizziness and dizziness may occur.
3. Trazodone: This is an antidepressant. Its mechanism for treating erectile dysfunction is more complex and involves a substance called serotonin. In general, it is unanimously believed that serotonin has an inhibitory effect on physiological activities, which undoubtedly affects penile erection. Trazodone is also called clopertriazolone. Although it's a treatment for depression, studies have shown that trazodone has the effect of inhibiting serotonin. As a result, it promotes penile erection and is therefore used to treat ED. The author's hospital has made clinical observations of this drug in the treatment of ED, and the effective rate can reach 50%. The literature reports that the effective ED rate caused by psychological factors is 65%. The usual dose is 50 mg each time, Rock Steady Male Enhancement Pills, oral three times a day, sometimes there are drowsy side effects.
4. Viagra: Viagra, a new oral treatment for ED officially launched in 1998, is commonly known as "Viagra". Because of its good and unique effects, it has attracted worldwide attention after its release. The mechanism of action of Viagra is based on the theory that nitric oxide promotes penile erection. The specific steps are: Under sexual stimulation, a large amount of nitric oxide, after being released from the nerve endings, enters the muscle cells of the corpus cavernosum, increasing the cyclic guanosine phosphate in the cell and the cyclic guanosine phosphate, which relaxes the corpus cavernosum and the functioning of the muscles makes the penis congested and erect. This shows that the erectile function of the penis depends on the amount of cyclic guanosine phosphate. More erectile, less erectile. However, in the cavernous tissues of the penis there is another substance called phosphodiesterase-5 that breaks down cyclic guanosine phosphate, causing a decrease in the amount of cyclic guanosine phosphate, which is unfavorable for penile erection. Viagra works to inhibit phosphodiesterase-5, which ensures that there is still a sufficient amount of cyclic guanosine phosphate in the corpus cavernosum, which also ensures penile erection. According to a Phase 2 clinical trial of 628 cases in my country, taking Viagra at a dose of 25 to 100 mg an hour before sex can improve erectile function rates in ED patients during sex under sexual stimulation by up to 81% . The author's hospital performed 91 out of 628 cases, and the erectile function improvement rate was even higher, reaching 88%. The side effects of the drug are not significant, mainly facial flushing, nasal congestion and blurred vision, etc., and they are very mild and short-lived and generally do not affect the continued drug. The simultaneous combination of Viagra and nitrates has an overlapping effect and leads to a sudden drop in blood pressure, which is dangerous. Therefore, it is absolutely contraindicated to use Viagra to treat coronary heart disease with nitrates. In addition, it should be used with caution if you have active heart disease, severe hypertension, bleeding disorders, retinitis pigmentosa and other diseases. The usual dosage of Viagra is 25-100 mg, most patients use 50 mg orally 1 hour before sexual intercourse, it must work under sexual stimulation.
5. Apomorphine: This is a very powerful dopamine agonist. There is a substance called dopamine in the human body that promotes sexual function. Animal studies have confirmed that the use of dopamine agonists can significantly promote penile erection. On the contrary, some methods are used to destroy dopamine in animals, and sexual function is significantly reduced. Apomorphine can activate dopamine function in the human body and also promote penile erection. The usual dose is 2 mg Testosterone Booster Test with Sublingual Status. According to relevant data, 45% to 60% of ED patients can have successful sexual intercourse approximately 1 hour after application. Occasionally, side effects such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness and sweating occur.
6. Sex Hormone Drugs: Androgen deficiency can cause ED, and androgen supplementation can treat ED. Even when there is no shortage of androgens, short-term treatment with a small amount of androgens can help overcome ED. At present, oral testosterone undecanoate (trade name Antel), 80-160 mg daily, divided into morning and evening, is a representative and ideal androgenic drug for the treatment of ED that can improve erectile function. Up to 80% there are few side effects. Contraindicated for ED patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia or prostate cancer.