With 2.74 million monthly active users, Facebook is by far the largest social network. However, in this huge potential audience, finding your target market can be difficult at times. Use Facebook Boost Post The button is the easiest way to expand your reach with just a few clicks and a small investment.
You know your potential fans and customers are on Facebook. Facebook Boost can help you achieve them.
bonus:: Download a free guide This shows you how to save time and money on your Facebook ads. Find out how to reach the right customers, lower your cost per click, and more.
What is a Facebook Boosted Post?
A Facebook boosted post is like a normal Facebook post. Unless you're spending a little money promoting it to people who wouldn't see your organic post. This is the simplest form of a Facebook ad, and you can create one with just a few clicks.
Benefits of Boosting a Facebook Post
Here's some sobering news for Facebook marketers: Organic reach has dropped to 5.2%. You just can't rely on the Facebook algorithm to make your organic content accessible to all of the users you want to reach. Even people who like your page may only see a fraction of what you post.
Facebooks Boost Post The button is the fastest, easiest way to get your Facebook posts in front of more eyeballs. Here are some of the key benefits of a Facebook post:
- You can reach out to more of the right people. Boosting a Facebook post will expand your audience beyond people who already like your page. With the built-in targeting options, you can be sure that you will reach the people who are most likely to be interested in your offer.
- You can create a simple Facebook ad in minutes. Just select an existing post and choose a few options (your goal, call to action, audience settings, and more). Everything happens on one screen and you can be up and running in five minutes or less. You can even create your ad from your mobile device.
- You get access to analyzes. As you improve a post, you get access to analytics that show you how well the post is performing. This will tell you what works best for your Facebook marketing goals so that you can refine your Facebook strategy over time.
- You can expand your Facebook reach on Instagram. When enhancing a Facebook post, you can choose to show the content as a boosted post on Instagram as well. This is an easy way to get even more potential new followers and customers.
Facebook Ads vs. Boosted Post
As mentioned earlier, Enhanced Post is a simple form of Facebook advertising. However, it differs from regular Facebook ads in a few key ways.
Below is an overview of how boosted posts and traditional Facebook ads differ.
|Increased contributions||Facebook ads|
|Ad creation||Apply a budget to increase the reach of an existing post on your Facebook business page||Create your ad in Facebook Ads Manager|
|Ad goals||Messages, engagement, video views, website visitors, leads, calls||Brand awareness, reach, app installs, traffic, lead generation, news, engagement, video views, conversions, store visits, catalog sales|
|Ad placements||Facebook newsfeed, Instagram, Messenger||Facebook Mobile and Desktop News Feed, Facebook News Feed Side Column, Messenger, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Instant Articles, Audience Network|
|Ad formats||Based on a standard Facebook post, standard call-to-action buttons||Additional ad features and formats such as carousels and custom call-to-action buttons|
|Ad targeting||Interests, age, gender, location, demographics, behavior||Extended target group approach, similar target groups|
As you can see, regular Facebook ads offer a lot more options. If boosting a Facebook post supports your desired ad goals, this is a quick and easy way to promote your business on Facebook and Instagram. Sometimes you don't have to make things more complicated just because you can.
Facebook boost post functions
A Facebook boosted post has the same functions as a normal Facebook post with a few extras.
As with any Facebook post, your augmented content can include text, an image or video, and a link.
Additional features of Facebook boosted posts include a call-to-action and the ability to track ad metrics for the post.
Facebook has increased the cost of mail
You can upgrade a Facebook post for as little as $ 1 a day. The more you spend, the more people your ad will reach.
As explained in the detailed steps below, you can set your increased post budget using a slider that shows how many people you are reaching for the expenses you selected.
That way, you can make informed decisions about how much money to spend on your stepped up contribution.
How to Increase a Post on Facebook
The nice thing about the Facebook Boost Post feature is that you can use it to create a simple Facebook ad with just a few clicks.
1. Go to your Facebook page. (Don't have one? Check out our detailed instructions on setting up a Facebook Company Page.) You can use either the web interface or the Facebook app on your mobile device.
2. Scroll to the post you want to promote and Click the blue Boost Post button under the post.
3. Choose the destination for your increased contribution. (Need help? Check out our post on setting SMART social media goals.) If you're just starting out and aren't sure which destination to choose, your settings can let Facebook choose the best one.
4th Choose what the call to action button says on your Facebook ad. The options vary depending on the destination you selected in the previous step.
5. Choose the target audience for your amplified contribution. Facebook's targeting options allow you to choose an audience from people who already like your page, people who like your page and their friends, or a new custom audience.
The general target categories include gender, location, and age. You can also use the detailed targeting options to narrow your target audience significantly.
You can't be as specific here as when you created an ad in Facebook Ads Manager, but you still have many options to work with.
If you need help with your targeting strategy, check out our tips on targeting Facebook ads.
As you customize your audience, Facebook shows you your valued results.
6th Choose your duration and timing. Choose how many days you'd like to improve your post for.
With the "Show ad according to schedule" option, you can specify that your contribution is only amplified on certain days of the week or at certain times. This can be useful in knowing when your target audience is most likely to be online.
This is also useful if you want other people to call you or send you a message as the only way to improve the post is if you are available to answer it.
7th Use the slider to set your budget. This is the total amount you will spend for the duration of the boost. The minimum is USD 1 per day.
8th. Choose your ad placement and payment method. Once you've set up a Facebook pixel, connect the toggle switch to your ad for more detailed analysis.
9. Review your ad preview and estimated results. When you're happy with what you see, click Boost post now at the bottom of the screen.
That's it! You have created your Facebook boosted post.
This may seem like many steps, but they are all very simple and you can approach them all from one screen.
How to Increase a Hootsuite Facebook Post
Instead of improving a post through the Facebook interface, you can also improve a post directly from your Hootsuite dashboard.
A major benefit of using Hootsuite to grow your Facebook posts is that you can set them up Automatic charging. With this feature, Hootsuite will automatically reinforce any Facebook posts that match your selected criteria, such as: achieve a certain level of engagement. You can set a budget limit to stay in control of your advertising spend.
To set up auto boost and how to improve individual posts in Hootsuite:
How to edit a reinforced post on Facebook
Technically, there aren't many changes you can make to a boosted post on Facebook right away.
You cannot edit the text, link, image, or video while the post is amplifying. You can only edit the audience, budget, duration and payment method – not the post itself.
When you click the three dots icon that you normally click to edit a Facebook post, the option to edit the post just doesn't appear.
Either way, it is a best practice to proofread your text, check your links, and make sure you are completely satisfied with the image or video before improving your post.
Even so, mistakes sometimes happen. Fortunately, there is a workaround to edit a reinforced post.
This is how it works:
- Go to your Facebook page and find the post that you want to edit.
- Under the reinforced post, click View results.
- Press the three points In the upper right, click Delete ad. This will not delete the post. It just cancels the boost. Note, however, that if you follow this step, you will lose the analysis results for the previous boost.
- Go back to your Facebook page, find the post again and click three points to edit the post. Once you are happy with the post, you can improve it again by following the steps outlined in the previous section.
In some cases, it might be easier to just delete your post and start over. However, if you've already got likes, comments, or approvals for your amplified post, this method can help you maintain that engagement.
Facebook has improved the post tips
Here are a few ways to get the most out of the optimized posts.
Boost a post in which you are tagged
If you work with influencers or other brand advocates to create branded content, you may want to improve the posts they create where they mention and identify your brand.
To do this, go to your Facebook Page Insights and click on Branded items to find suitable contributions.
Monitor and refine your results
click View results from each augmented post to get detailed metrics on the post's performance.
Monitoring your results and comparing them to the goals for your ad is an important way to find out what is working and what is not. Over time, you can refine your boost post strategy for a better return on investment.
Facebook research shows that ads developed through testing cost less over time.
Boost posts that are already seeing engagement
If a post gets a lot of likes and comments, it is an indication that the content is resonating with your existing audience. It is also a signal that you are into something worth sharing with a wider crowd.
Boosting a post that already has likes and comments also serves as social proof of your brand. First time learning about your brand, people may be more likely to trust your content if they see that others are already showing a lot of engagement.
You can find out which organic posts are performing best (and therefore deserving a boost) by checking the analytics on the Insights tab for your Facebook business page. You can also search for high-performing content in Hootsuite Analytics.
Use the Facebook Boost Post to build your audience across networks
We mentioned earlier that if you improve your Facebook post, you can choose Instagram as your audience. You can also choose an Instagram post to improve it on Facebook.
Just click on your Facebook page Ad Center in the left column Create an ad, then click Boost an Instagram post.
Check the preview to make sure you are happy with the look of your Instagram post on Facebook.
Manage your Facebook presence along with your other social media channels with Hootsuite. From a single dashboard, you can schedule posts, share videos, engage your audience, and measure the impact of your efforts. Try it for free today.
Easily manage your Facebook page (+ other social media accounts) and Save time with Hootsuite. Plan, engage, analyze, execute.