Getting a YouTube verification badge is hugely important to anyone who wants to make money with this video sharing platform.
However, getting this little gray check mark (and keeping it) is not easy. Perhaps you have already tried to verify your YouTube channel and you have been rejected. Maybe you deserved it and not long afterwards you lost it without knowing why. Or you just don't know where to start.
It may take some time, but it is definitely possible. And it's worth it. This post shows you exactly what you need to do to be verified on YouTube.
First, let's discuss some basics.
Bonus: Download a free guide that explains the exact steps A creator has received over 23,000,000 views on YouTube without a budget and without expensive equipment.
What is the YouTube review?
A YouTube confirmation badge is a gray check mark or musical note that appears next to the channel name of a YouTube creator or artist.
Check your YouTube channel now. If you don't see any of these check marks, your channel will not be checked.
This confirmation badge indicates credibility. It tells the world that your YouTube channel is operated by a real person, an established creator, or an authenticated brand / organization.
Two things to consider:
- No exclusive functions. Checking on YouTube does not mean that you have access to exclusive features, benefits, or awards. As already mentioned, it only gives you or your brand legitimacy. In other words, YouTube viewers are likely to trust your channel when they first see your video in the feed.
- Prevents stolen traffic. The YouTube check prevents imitators or impersonators from stealing the traffic that is supposed to reach your channel.
Note: In September 2019, YouTube announced a new channel verification design. A gray background would replace the existing gray check mark. However, the new badge has not yet been introduced. We will keep you informed when the change is made.
A YouTube Confirmation Badge and a YouTube Account Confirmation: Are They the Same?
The answer is a loud no! Those are two different things.
Checking the YouTube account
As with other social media platforms, YouTube prompts you to verify your account by adding a phone number when you first create an account. This way, YouTube knows that you are a real person and not a bot trying to spam the website.
Checking your account gives you the ability to upload videos longer than 15 minutes, add custom thumbnails, create live streams, and make content ID claims.
This is an important step to create a valid channel. Anyone who wants to monetize their YouTube channel should check their account.
YouTube confirmation badge
It's a little different when it comes to getting a YouTube confirmation badge. And we refer to it from the beginning to the end of this article. It's a sign of authenticity, as YouTube said:
When a channel is verified, it is the official channel of a creator, artist, company, or a public person. Verified channels help distinguish official channels from other channels with similar names on YouTube.
With a phone number, you can check your YouTube account in a second. However, getting a certification badge takes time and effort because you have to meet all of the benchmarks set. Read on to find out what the benchmarks are.
Why be verified on YouTube?
On almost all social media platforms, checking a profile offers an additional advantage. It confirms two things; First, the person who has this account is the person who claims to be. Second and second, the person takes seriously sharing social content. They take into account what you say and how they appear on the network.
Any spurious tactic to enlarge views or subscribers will backfire sooner or later. This is because YouTube no longer just checks a channel based on the number of followers.
In addition, receiving a verification badge protects your channel from being confused with other “fake” channels on YouTube. Your channels are the same as yours, but since your channel is verified by YouTube, your followers can find you and identify potential audiences as a trusted brand.
Understand YouTube verification requirements
If your channel previously had more than 100,000 subscribers, you could quickly get a confirmation badge. However, many people see a YouTube verification badge as a way to confirm content, not an identity. For this reason, the platform has updated its review guidelines.
Since October 2019, your channel must meet the following criteria to receive a YouTube confirmation badge:
- Have at least 100,000 subscribers.
- Be authentic, that is, your channel must represent the actual creator, brand, or company you claim to be.
- Be complete, ie your channel must be public, have a description, a channel icon and content and be active on YouTube.
Is there a shortcut to get YouTube confirmation?
Spammers or earners always try to tell you shortcuts – often tricks that break the rules – that promise instant profits. You can see these offers anywhere!
Be careful with them. Like most simple things, they are too good to be true.
Finally, you need to meet all the requirements that YouTube has set to verify your channel.
The best way to get a YouTube badge of approval quickly is to follow proven tactics to increase views for your channel and increase your subscribers. Think about these tips:
- Be honest and transparent about what you share. Creating incredible video content is good for attracting viewers, but make sure it's relevant and real. Don't overdo the benefits of your product / service. Instead, go behind the scenes when you sell a product, for example, and tell a story about where you get the materials from and how you actually manufacture them.
- Reply to comments on your videos. This is a great way to show that you are real and you value people's opinions / feedback. It also helps you start a conversation with new audiences and encourages them to subscribe to your channel.
- Share videos often and consistently. Of course, you don't have to post a video every hour or every few hours. However, it is recommended that you upload at least one video a week, especially if you are just starting out or trying to build an audience. You can use tools like Hootsuite to schedule videos so you can instead focus on creating consistently high quality content. The following video explains how you can use Hootsuite to manage your YouTube presence:
How to verify yourself on YouTube
If you meet the criteria above, follow two simple steps to get a YouTube verification badge:
Step 1: Go to the Google support page
Click on this URL: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3046484?hl=de or copy it and paste it into your browser. Then, press ENTER.
Then scroll down to the "Request a Channel Review" section. A text box like this will appear.
Notice the anchor text Apply Now in the text box. You must click on it to access the application form.
Note: If your channel is not authorized, the link will not be displayed. Instead, the following message is displayed:
Step 2: fill out the form
Click Apply Now to access the application form. You just have to enter the information.
To find out your channel ID, log in to your YouTube account> Settings> Advanced Settings and it will appear as follows:
When you're done, just click the "Submit" button. This notification is displayed:
YouTube will also send you a confirmation email:
Note that you may have to wait a few weeks for results.
How to stay verified on YouTube
It's one thing to get verified on YouTube. It's another thing to stay checked. Even though you've met all the criteria and received a confirmation badge, YouTube can and will remove it if you violate the terms of service or community guidelines.
Do not change your channel name
If you change your channel name, you will also lose your badge. However, you can request the review again under the new name.
Obtaining a YouTube confirmation badge is not that easy. A lot of work is required before you can get it. However, as long as you follow the YouTube criteria, you should have no problem reaching this gray check mark soon. Good luck!
Want to grow your YouTube audience so you can quickly reach the 100,000 subscriber milestone? Try Hootsuite today for free in 30 days. Easily plan and share videos and manage and track your performance wherever you are.