- Super Follow – Monetize your tweets
- Twitter communities
- Long term goals of Twitter
Twitter is offering a first look at a new feature called Super Follow that allows users to pay a monthly fee in exchange for premium content.
At its Analyst Day event on Thursday, Twitter previewed several new features, including a new feature that is similar to Facebook Groups.
With the event aimed at investors, Twitter closed the day by announcing its top three long-term goals.
Here's a look at the key highlights of Twitter Analyst Day.
Read on below
Super Follow – Monetize your tweets
Soon, users will be able to monetize their tweets using Twitter's new Super Follow feature.
"$ 4.99 / month – cancel anytime": Twitter has a "Super Follow" function that can be used to earn money directly on the platform. Here are the first screenshots via @TwitterIR: pic.twitter.com/hPiq27Ov5U
– Martin Hoffmann (@martinhoffmann), February 25, 2021
For a monthly fee, users can follow their favorite content creators for perks such as:
- A supporter badge
- Subscriber only newsletter
- Exclusive content
- Offers & discounts
- Access to the community
This is both the first paid feature Twitter users offered and a first in terms of Twitter users being paid directly by their followers.
Read on below
Popular content creators on Twitter will soon be able to generate income from content they contribute to the platform. Super Follows can also be a valuable feature for publications, journalists and reporters.
This seems to be the end result of the much discussed subscription-based product that Twitter was working on.
Twitter gave an early glimpse of an upcoming feature that appears to be similar to Facebook Groups.
According to screenshots shared by attendees at the virtual event, communities allow Twitter users to join a discussion on a key topic.
When users compose a tweet, they have the option to share it with one of several communities to which they belong.
Twitter announces communities, like Facebook Groups, but on Twitter
(You have been working on it in the web app for at least a few weeks.) Https://t.co/5YBmEfgsUn pic.twitter.com/JlkrZNjLBo
– Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) February 25, 2021
Twitter plans to test something that looks * very * like groups. pic.twitter.com/iFw6OFegOP
– Karissa Bell (@karissabe) February 25, 2021
Further details on Twitter's Super Follow and Community features are yet to be publicly disclosed.
Long term goals of Twitter
Twitter listed these as the corporate goals to be achieved by 2023 (mDAU refers to monetized daily active users):
- The speed of development will be doubled by the end of 2023, ie the number of functions delivered per employee that have a direct impact on either mDAU or sales will be doubled.
- Achieve at least 315 million mDAU in the fourth quarter of 2023, an average annual growth rate of ~ 20% compared to 152 million mDAU in the fourth quarter of 2019. This was the last reported mDAU when Twitter first announced this ambition in March 2020.
- At least twice as much annual revenue from $ 3.7 billion in 2020 to $ 7.5 billion or more in 2023.
We have set ourselves ambitious goals and a clear strategy to accelerate innovation and growth. #TWTRAnalystDay pic.twitter.com/U1WnhimXs3
– Twitter Investor Relations (@TwitterIR), February 25, 2021
Read on below