Blogging is so effective that there are over a billion blogs on the web.
Just remember … that's about 1 blog per 7 people.
Sure, we don't actually need blogs anymore, but people still create them because they can be such effective marketing channels.
Best of all, unlike social websites, the moment you create a blog with a target audience, you can reach them continuously without having to worry about algorithm changes.
To help you with your content marketing efforts, I created a free 4 week training course called "Content Marketing Unlocked".
Introduction to Unlocked Content Marketing
As already mentioned, I will teach you everything about content marketing in the next 4 weeks.
Everything from the basics of content marketing and how it works to advanced aspects such as generating traffic and sales through blogging.
First, watch the welcome video to get started:
The welcome video shows what you will learn in the next 4 weeks. Below the video you will find a target worksheet and a course overview.
Then learn more about the history of content marketing:
In this lesson you will find 2 worksheets:
- Table of contents – This shows you how to sketch and create content.
- Content steps – This will break down the steps you need to take to write amazing content.
After you've got the hang of writing content, you want to learn how to rate your older (existing) content on your website.
This lesson also gives you a list of the tools you should use and a guide to master resources to speed up the process.
From there, I teach you about the different types of content that you can use to get more traffic. Believe it or not, there are actually 18 types you should use.
I'll add more lessons over time, but I don't want to drown you in information by embedding all the lessons in this post.
So what are you going to learn?
The four lessons above are a good place to start, but the content marketing course offers a lot more. What you can expect from content marketing unlocked:
Lesson 1: First Steps
- Course introduction
- Strategies you will learn
- What Google wants
- Overview of the content production strategy
- Understand the algorithm and updates
- The right attitude
Lesson 2: History of Content Marketing
- History of content marketing
- Fact & fiction about content marketing
- Understand your target audience
- How to find keywords you can use to make money
- Refine your keyword lists
- Examples of content
Lesson 3: Optimize Your Existing Content
- How to review your existing content
- How to optimize your content properly
- How to rewrite your content so you get traffic
- Step-by-step tactics for on-page optimization
- Content templates for rewriting your content
Lesson 1: Important content types
- Credibility and trust through content
- Kinds of content
- Videos / visual content
- Podcasts / radio broadcasts
- Facebook posts / pages
- Courses / digital classes / ebooks / checklists
- SlideShare / PowerPoint / webinars
- Photographs / graphics / art
- Magazines (digital & print)
- Streaming media (Periscope, Facebook Live, Snapchat)
- Forums / wikis / groups / resource centers
- White papers / case studies
- Meme (Twitter / Facebook)
- Testimonials / ratings
- Content templates for different content types
Lesson 2: Pilar and cluster pages
- Turn your keywords into an outline
- How to write content that gets you traffic
- Current clusters
- Column sides
- Cluster sites
- Pillar and cluster templates
Lesson 3: Alternative content strategies
- Building authority through guest contribution
- Content creation tools
- Plugins to use
- FAQ scheme
- Live case studies, market data and experience reports
- Share worthy content
- Content outline templates
Week # 3
Lesson 1: Marketing Your Content
- Site structure
- Subject & subject
- How to organize your content faster
- Promote your content on a $ 0 budget
- Content marketing strategy
- Content advertising workflow
Lesson 2: Link building tactics
- What is link building?
- External link building
- Internal links
- Your link profile
- Advanced linking and off-page optimization strategies
- How to create links from authority pages
- How to start link campaigns
Lesson 3: Tracking & Analytics
- Set up Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager
- Set up the Google Search Console
- Must have content marketing tools
- Live ranking case studies, market data and experience reports
- Determination of KPIs
- Budget planning
Week # 4
Lesson 1: long-term rank 1
- You have content and links. What's next?
- Content marketing in a competitive environment
- Get started if you're new and have little to no budget
- How to scale if you have a budget
- Build a brand over the long term
Lesson 2: Media exits
- On huge media websites (Forbes, HuffPost, NYTimes, etc.)
- Guest blogging
- Social media
- Connection with influencers
Lesson 3: Omni-Channel Strategies
- Go omni-channel
- Back office infrastructure
- Analyze and measure results
- More case studies on content marketing
- Become a great content marketer
- Summary – How to get the most out of this course
How can I participate?
You can go to the training area of this website because I keep all of my courses there.
I will add new lessons and content every Monday, Thursday and Saturday.
Each lesson lasts approximately 10 minutes and contains worksheets, templates, cheat sheets, checklists, spreadsheets and more that will make your life easier.
If you take the time to follow each week and do your homework, generally you shouldn't need more than two to three hours a week.
A few weeks will be less work, but since this course involves writing and promoting content, you will have to put in a little more effort than some of my other courses.
As a heads-up, I don't blog about every lesson. The easiest way to stay up to date is to subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Once you click the link above, a subscription popup window will appear on YouTube. All you have to do is click the "SUBSCRIBE" button.
As soon as you click "Subscribe", a bell image will appear next to the "Subscribe" button. Make sure you click on it too.
If you click on the bell, you get some options.
Click the "All" option. A new ring notification should appear next to the "Subscribe" button:
This will cause YouTube to notify you when I publish a new lesson for Content Marketing Unlocked.
I hope you enjoy Content Marketing Unlocked.
I created this course because content marketing is one of the best ways to market your business and compete with the big companies.
The best thing is that you don't have to spend a dollar on marketing.
Let me know what you think about the course so far.
And which free course should I create next?