2. Better rankings
Relevant backlinks aren't the only thing that will improve your rank in Google search over time. If you use a relevant domain extension, you can see an increase in your organic traffic. This happens for two reasons:
- You get more relevant traffic. People searching for a "Halloween shop" will come across your website by literally typing your URL into Google. They're more likely to click your link because you are exactly what they're looking for.
- Your domain is semantically identical to your .com alternative. Although Google once claimed that it ignores domain endings in keywords, the search engine clearly does not ignore them. Check out what happens when we search for "closet door store" and "closet door store com".
3. Better keyword opportunities
The screenshot above also shows another interesting feature about more specific domain extensions: they can be used as a keyword.
Google will highlight bold keywords related to your query. In our case, "cabinet doors" is one of them:
In this case, the metadata is provided with the keyword "store". However, after adding "com" to our search, we still ranked at the top as Google assumed our search intent was to include purchases of closet doors (not necessarily the .STORE domain).
The .com domain name does not have this advantage. That's smart, isn't it?
If you're not convinced, here's another example that has nothing to do with domain name registration:
Emirates has an online shop under a .STORE domain name and a commercial website under a .com domain name. Guess which domain name is at the top when searching for "Emirates Merchandise"?
See? A .STORE domain is good for SEO.
4. Improved user experience
The Emirates example also highlights the benefit that a .STORE domain has for user experience. In this case www.emirates.store is:
- Clearer. Part of the reason www.emirates.store came first was because the URL was more specific. Customers clicked and Google took note.
- Seen as hip and higher end. The .STORE domain extension goes well with the Emirates branding. While the .com extension is established and old-fashioned, the .STORE extension conveys freshness and a feeling that the brand is moving with the times.
World-class soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo also uses these two points for his brand.
For example, www.cr7denim.store not only tells us exactly what is behind this link, but also sets the mood of the brand. By the time the page loads we already know we are going to get something fresh and modern.
5. Improved memorability
With the availability of .STORE domain names, you have a better chance of creating a truly memorable domain name that will bolster your branding.
In general, it's best to choose domain names that are easy to read, type, and say. With a .STORE domain, however, you can go one step further. For example:
- www.yummybakery.org vs. www.yummybake.store
- www.southernstyle.com vs. www.southernstyle.store
- www.goodvibestore.net vs. www.goodvibes.store
6. Optimized for voice search
Voice search is playing an increasingly important role in search engines, and domain name extensions can help you customize it.
For example, think of these two domain names:
The former is a visually clever way of spelling "curious", but it also has no chance of ranking in a voice search, since the first word is not "curious" for Google.
If you want to get to the first domain with language, you have to formulate it. This is not a great user experience.
7. More savings
The availability of .STORE domain names means that they are often also inexpensive when compared to their .com or .net alternatives.
For example, have you ever tried to register a domain name and been greeted with it?
This happens because people (or companies) known as domain prospectors buy valuable domain names and then resell them for a profit.
But imagine if you did this:
Since www.bakingupply.com is the same as www.bakingsupply.store on Google, you've just saved $ 118.
8. No geographical restrictions
Some companies try to bypass the crowded .com or .net areas by using country-specific domain extensions. You may have seen a website with a .com.au extension – this is Australia.
Every country has one, and it can be a viable option for many businesses. However, if you are doing business globally, this will not work.
The main problem with country-specific domain extensions is how users perceive them. Your business might not be limited to Australia, but an Australian domain extension will suggest it. That can easily be enough to prevent a potential sale.
Online Store Domain Name Ideas: How To Choose The Best Domain For Your Online Store
Using a .STORE domain is good for SEO and branding, but you still need to get it right. Here are five things to keep in mind when developing online store domain name ideas.
1. First, conduct a competitive analysis
The main advantage of a .STORE domain is the ability to compete for keywords alongside a competitor with a .com domain. So make sure you do a competitive analysis first. Include things like:
- What are your competitors' domain names?
- For which keywords do they rank?
- What unranked keywords could help you attract organic traffic?
2. Think about what your customers will be looking for
Google places great emphasis on search intent. So think about what your customers are most likely to be looking for. If you can identify exactly what they're typing into Google and turn it into a domain name, you'll be right on their way. For example www.babyclothes.store. To do:
- Remember that .STORE is used as the keyword
- Look for potential keywords to determine the current ranking
- Find a balance between general and specific words