In the new "Live Rooms" from Instagram, up to four users can be switched live in the same stream, which doubles the number of previously admitted participants.
Now a user can invite three more users to join them during their live broadcast, creating opportunities for different types of content.
Instagram says in an announcement:
“We hope that doubling down on Live will open up more creative possibilities – start a talk show, host a jam session or create with other artists, host more exciting Q&A or tutorials with your followers, or just meet up more of you friends. "
How to start a live room on Instagram
How to start an Instagram Live Room
Instagram users can create a live room by following the steps below:
- Open the Instagram app and swipe left to select Live Camera.
- Add a title and tap the Rooms icon to invite others.
- Look for another user to add or accept a pending request if there is one.
- When users accept the invitation, they are immediately added to the stream.
When other users join the stream, their followers will be notified that they will go live. This can multiply the range of the broadcast.
Live Rooms hosts have access to the same features as a solo stream. This includes the ability to report and block comments and apply comment filters.
Additional interactive tools such as moderator controls and audio will become available to Live Rooms hosts in the coming months.
Instagram notices Live rooms are designed for security. Users blocked by any of the four participants will not be able to view the stream. Users who were previously revoked from live access cannot join a live room.
Read on below
With Live Rooms, Instagram creators can take full advantage of the revenue opportunities offered by regular live streams.
Users can make money from Instagram Live Rooms in the following ways:
- Fan badge: Viewers can cash in for a badge that will appear next to their name when they leave a comment.
- shopping: Users with an Instagram store can sell products during a live stream.
- Fundraising: Users can turn a live space into a charity stream where viewers donate money to a good cause.
Live Rooms will soon be available to all Instagram users worldwide.