- Yelp search data shows growing consumer interest in various businesses
- Additional highlights from the Yelp report
- New attribute for Asian owned companies
Yelp's latest report on Local Economic Impact shows that searches for various businesses have increased significantly over the past year.
The report defines a diverse company as one owned by women, black, Asia, or Latinx.
Companies that identify as either female, black, Asian, or Latinx owned can display attributes on their Yelp page to help people find a diverse business.
Business owners may choose to have more than one attribute, e.g. B. owned by blacks and women.
Yelp data tracks when business owners enable these attributes on their business page. The latest report aims to measure the impact of the pandemic on consumer interest in various companies.
This article highlights highlights from the report, starting with search data, as well as news about a new identity attribute available to business owners.
Yelp search data shows growing consumer interest in various businesses
In the past year, including February 2020 to February 2021, the search for various companies grew 2,930%.
- Yelp's search rate for women-owned businesses in the United States increased 264%
- Yelp's search rate for black-owned companies in the United States increased 3,085%
- Yelp's search rate for Latinx-owned companies in the United States increased 4,077%
- Yelp's search rate for Asian-owned companies in the US increased 130%
Yelp reports detail which types of businesses have seen consumer interest increases:
Read on below
- Women property: The search for restaurants has increased 8,620%
- Latinx owned: is looking for nail salons 1,589%is looking for hair salons 5,762%
- In black possession: goes to florists 5,740%is looking for vegan restaurants 2,142%
- Asian owned: is looking for bakeries 721%is looking for coffee shops 652%
In addition to customers who are increasingly looking for different business areas, the commitment to different business areas also grew.
In the Yelp report, engagement is defined as viewing a company page, posting a review, or posting a photo.
Exposure to certain business categories rose sharply after they added an identity attribute to their Yelp page.
Read on below
The following table shows the change in consumer interest after adding an identity attribute:
Additional highlights from the Yelp report
Other notable data points from Yelp's report on various companies:
- Consumers rate many female, black, and Latin American owned businesses higher than other businesses.
- Latinx women, blacks, and business owners are making more use of consumer feedback on Yelp than any other business.
- in the 94% For categories of women-owned businesses, the average star rating for women-owned businesses is higher than the overall category.
- in the 86% Of the black-owned business categories, the average star rating for black-owned businesses is above the category average.
- in the 90% For categories of Latinx-owned companies, the average star rating for Latinx-owned companies is higher than other companies in those categories.
New attribute for Asian owned companies
Along with this report, Yelp introduced a new way for businesses to identify themselves as Asian-owned when doing so with a free business attribute.
Read on below
Business owners can manually add the new attribute to their Yelp page at their own discretion. Once added, it can be browsed for other users.
To add the Asian-owned attribute or the other attributes mentioned in this post to a Yelp Page, do the following:
- Sign in to Yelp for Business
- In the Equipment section, click Add or Edit
- Next to the appropriate attributes, select Yes
- Click Save Changes
Sources: Yelp Official Blog, Yelp Economic Average